Parallax 621 is a small start-up focused on developing new technology based on fundamental physics research. We offer a flexible working schedule and a small, friendly working environment. Great opportunities for growth and leadership as the company grows and expands.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer or Designer to lead the design of our test systems and mechanical prototypes.
- Lead design of test systems and mechanical hardware for Parallax 621
- Work with the team to create design sketches, layouts, and plans for machined components and assemblies.
- Use computer-assisted design (CAD) software to create preliminary and detailed drawings of models and drawings of the products. Familiarity with Onshape, Solidworks, or similar software preferred.
- Perform analysis of stress, vibrations, and tolerancing of designed systems
- Manufacture components using Multi-axis CNC, lathe, and additive manufacturing techniques
- Produce specifications for products and choose raw materials and components to be used in production.
- Build models and prototypes of the product and test the design.
- Studies the test data and makes comparisons with similar designs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Operates fabrication machinery to produce parts used in manufacturing processes.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and design sketches to ensure proper dimensions and specifications for parts.
- Selects the appropriate cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials to be used on machines.
- Examines and measures completed units and parts to identify any defects and to ensure units conform with predetermined specifications; adjusts machine controls to resolve production errors.
- Inspects machinery for any needed repairs; performs minor repairs within expertise.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of work area.
- Complies with applicable safety standards and regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design (CAD) software.
- Ability to operate various types of machine tools to perform progressive machining.
- Ability to read blueprints and plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- At least three years of related experience preferred.
- Vocational/technical school training preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to access and inspect all areas of machinery.
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending required.
Apply via Linked in below:
6501 Navigation Blvd Suite B111A
Houston, TX 77011